Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A scary moment!

Some of you know and some of you don't. We had a bit of scare last friday. A little background: I've been sick for a little over a week now and last wed. the Dr. gave me an antibiotic and told me to take mucinex DM. On Thursday night I hadn't felt the little one move very much. Jose said he was just resting. I was okay Friday morning, but then at lunch time I got really worried because I still hadn't felt him move. I called the nurse, no answer. I lost it. I was really worried so I called Jose and we both waited to hear from the nurse. The nurse returned my call and told me to go to Labor and Delivery. I told her that I had felt him move and she said that I had a decrease in activity. The Dr. was expecting me so me and Jose headed on over to Labor and Delivery. They put a heart monitor and a contraction monitor on and I just laid there. The result: everything is good. His heart rate is good, his oxygen is good. The Dr. said that because I've been on medicine I need to make sure I drink lots of water, more that I usually am because that's what is going to help him move. We just had a check-up yesterday and everything is good. I'm still at 1 1/2 and the Dr. says his head is really down there. Any day now!! So, all in all me and the little one are doing great.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad everything is okay! It's so scary, not knowing what is going on in there! Good luck with everything, and keep us posted. I hope your labor and delivery go as smoothly as possible. I'll be thinking about you!

Sarah said...

Wow, I'm glad everything is ok! I hope everything goes well ... can't wait to see pics!