Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Days

Summer days are here...finally! I'm always so anxious for Summer to come so I can enjoy being with my kids and hopefully to get a vacation in or two! My Summer started off with a funeral in Texas for my cousin's sweet 4 year old boy. My brother said it best "That was the hardest weekend of my life." It was hard and sad, but on the same note it was good to be there with family, to feel all the love and the spirit there. The spirit there was amazing and incredible; little Atticus was there watching. Eric and Cindy you really do have amazing friends in your ward and neighborhood and such an inspiration of that little guy of yours. He will be missed but never forgotten. Haven't done much since; just a few little things with the kids that are simple and not a lot of money. Alexander and Ava are growing up so much. We came upon a picture of Alexander from last year from Easter, my how chubby he is (as chubby as Alexander can be), and it's so...cute. Alexander is really into super heroes these days, he changes who he is from day to day. One day it's "Today I'm Iron Man" or "Mom, you're super woman and I'm Superman okay?" He even has special powers. He has a blast like Iron Man does with his hands and my favorite is the eye trick that blows people up. He just stares at you for 5 seconds then looks away. It's hilarious. Ava is my slow mover. She knows how to crawl, but she thinks she can move faster by scooting. She will stand and she will walk holding your hands, but she'll freak out if you try to get her to walk holding only one of your hands. This baby girl has NO fear. She'll go right to the edge of a bed; loves playing on the bed. She LOVES the stairs and loves to go to the right corner of the top stair and sit there. She knows how to go down, but on her bum. She makes me very nervous. We had to put a gate up. She's one busy body and very curious. Alexander was a very mellow baby, we never had to worry about "baby proofing" the house with him; Ava on the other hand it's everything! While in Texas her favorite sayings were "What's that" pointing to everything and "who's that." One morning when she woke up she was sitting in the pak n play and the first thing you hear is "what's that!" The simple joys of life. Jose and I are doing well. Jose is working hard and keeping busy. Me, I'm keeping busy, trying to balance playing with the kids, cooking, housework and trying to find time to myself. Life is good.

No comments: