Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cooking Bombs

I consider myself a pretty good cook. An even more of a cook when it comes to cooking for Alexander; i.e. the sweet stuff! Monday was Jose's birthday and being overly excited because of cupcakes I made Alexander could eat and were delicious I decided to branch out and try a cake. Easy to follow, had all the ingredients piece of cake. WRONG! It was as hard as a brick and the middle wasn't even done. It tasted nasty, but Alexander seemed to like it. Needless to say it was thrown out that night and Alexander hasn't asked about it since (maybe he really didn't like it)! Bombshell #1. Last night I was planning on making scones for navajo tacos and I found a recipe I could use for Alexander, but I was missing one ingredient. Bag that recipe. Found one and it seemed pretty ease, but when it said the dough should look like curds it wasn't getting to that point. I decided to cook it instead. It looked ok so I asked Alexander to taste it. He said he like it, but when it came to eating it for dinner he said he didn't like it. I don't blame him. I wasn't going to force him to eat it, especially when it felt heavy and didn't smell good. Bomb #2. What have I learned from these 2 bombs? Stick with the usual....cupcakes or cookies for Alexander!! Trust only Cybele Pascal when it comes to cooking dairy, wheat, egg and nut free! Thank you Cybele for your cook books and making food edible.

No comments: