Monday, July 30, 2012

Upset & Disappointed

I'm a little perturbed over something that I hope some of you feel the same way. The Olympics have started and some of my favorite sports to watch are swimming, diving, rowing and gymnastics. The US girls gymnastics team were competing yesterday; it wasn't for a medal but a very important night. Out of the 5 girls only 2 of them go on to the finals. If you were watching you would've seen the amazing routines, amazing landings, the mistakes and the scores. Jordyn Weiber who is the reigning champion I thought did an excellent job compared to the rest of her teammates. She hardly made any mistakes, was clean, didn't fall, solid landings BUT she didn't make the cut for the finals. What? You've got to be kidding me. A huge disappointment. Her scores were really low too. I felt so bad for Jordyn. I mean she's the reigning champion, hardly any mistakes and she doesn't make it. Does anyone see anything wrong with this? Her teammate Gabby made a HUGE mistake on the floor routine and got a higher score than Jordyn. How would you feel? Imagine you're the reigning champion for some sport, you work so hard to get to the Olympics, feeling confident you've done a great job on all of the routines and you'll make it to the finals when you find out you didn't. Heartbroken, angry, hurt, all the emotions hitting you at once. What do you do? I don't know what it was the judges didn't like in Jordyn, but I felt she was judged wrong on her routines; we're talking about 14.3 scores and that's without big mistakes if any vs. the other girls who made some mistakes maybe big mistakes and they get a 14.8 or a 15. something. Something is seriously messed up with this judging. I know life's not fair, but is it fair to the person who is clean and solid with their routine to not make it, but the one who is semi clean and makes mistakes does? I'm just sayin'! I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading :)

No comments: